Bankman-Fried donated to both parties. Billionaires donated 4x more to Republicans.
In House races alone, Republicans received $79 million dollars. The significant contributions of other billionaires, which far exceed the million Bankman-Fried donated for the 2022 general elections, make it unlikely electoral outcomes can be attributed to Bankman-Fried.
If corruption on the part of Ukraine took place—although no evidence currently suggests that it has—then it’s unclear why donations to Democratic groups were relevant while donations to Republicans were not.
Reporting indicates that Friedman’s donations came in early 2022 and were aimed at primaries rather than elections.
Hoaxlines collected the FEC data to check where the money went and when.
- 75% of donation instances from 2021 to 2022 from Bankman-Fried went to primaries. 22% went to general elections.
- Total donations for the 2022 general election from Bankman-Fried totaled $988,600.00.
Bankman-Fried donated to both parties, but articles omit this
Recently Popular.info asked recipients why they kept FTX donations, given the unethical business practices under Bankman-Fried. Some have decided to return or donate the funds.
A few examples of donations to Republican PACs have been listed below. Donations to Democratic PACs can also be found in the table below, but we did not specifically highlight them as reporting heavily covered that aspect while sometimes not mentioning the other at all.
- $50,000 to Heartland Resurgence in August 2022
- $36,500 to NRCC in July 2022
- $8,500 to NRCC in July 2022
- $105,000 to the Alabama Conservatives Fund in June 2022