Unless otherwise stated the headlines in the report are from April 24 and 25, 2022. You can see the database here.
Russia claims the opposite of what US officials said
Russian state media is reporting the exact opposite of what US officials reported overnight.
After a visit to Kyiv, US officials expressed a belief that Ukraine could win the war with the right support. An article from one of the most reliable publications Associated Press ran the headline, “Blinken says ‘Russia is failing...,’” hours ago.
In meetings with Zelenskyy, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said...“The strategy that we’ve put in place — massive support for Ukraine, massive pressure against Russia, solidarity with more than 30 countries engaged in these efforts — is having real results,” Blinken told reporters in Poland the day after meeting with Zelenskyy and other Ukrainian officials... “When it comes to Russia’s war aims, Russia is failing. Ukraine is succeeding. Russia has sought as its principal aim to totally subjugate Ukraine, to take away its sovereignty, to take away its independence. That has failed.”
Pentagon says Ukraine can 'absolutely' win the war
WASHINGTON, April 6 (Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Wednesday it assessed that Ukraine could win the war against Russia, even as U.S. officials speak of the risk of a protracted conflict. "Of course they can win this," Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told a news briefing.
In defense of the unholy Patriarch
English News Front has published two recent headlines expressing disapproval of the sanctioning of Patriarch Kirill:
- “Russian Orthodox Church: sanctions against Patriarch Kirill are completely absurd”
- “Sanctions without borders. Lithuania made a proposal to include Patriarch Kirill in the EU sanctions list”
- This comes after evidence revealed the clergy is likely participating in the forced relocation of Ukrainians, which may include the 170,000 children, the Kremlin reports it has taken. These are acts that constitute genocide in eyes of the UN.
- Outlets like English News Front have published articles like “Orphans from the DPR taken into temporary custody by families from Moscow region” and Veterans Today published “Sex Abuse? Proof Azov Nazi’s Are Holding Children Hostage in Underground Liar” on April 23, which downplay the nature of the abductions.
A hodge-podge of claims
Russian state-affiliated and pro-Kremlin outlets have put out a range of headlines disinforming, deflecting, denigrating, and sowing chaos.
New Eastern Outlook published on April 23:
- “US is Among the States that Support Nazism.”
Antifashist, an outlet identified by the US government as affiliated with Russian intelligence published:
- “Ukraine has struck the Belgorod region again”
Other headlines include:
- English News Front published: “Russian military delivered over 160 tons of humanitarian aid to Kharkiv region”
- “Finland in 'War Psychosis' Over NATO, Former Foreign Minister Says” in Sputnik
- “The Moskva Riddle” from The Saker — it’s not much of a riddle.
- “Hilarious And Simultaneously Sad Video Showing Situation Of Refugees In Germany” from SouthFront English, apparently mocking the hardship Russia has foisted upon the rest of the world
- “The Triumph Of Deceit: How Thinking In Labels — Mere Words — (Not In Reality) Has Killed Democracy” via the Russian-state affiliated Oriental Review
The Strategic Culture Foundation published
- “Masks Off… The U.S. and European Lackeys Are Psychopathic Arsonists Fueling Ukraine Blaze”
More portraying Ukraine as overrun with Nazis and Extremists
- “The head of the DPR celebrates Easter in the liberated Mariupol. ‘The nationalists won't have long left’” and “Denazification of Ukraine: operational summary (April 24, updated)” from English News Front
- From Antifashist on April 23, “Why did the special services of the Russian Federation release the Nazi mayor of Melitopol?”
- English News Front published on April 23, “Ukrofascists open fire at a civilian evacuation site in Mariupol,” which conflicts with the other Russian state media reporting that life is returning to normal in Mariupol and that there are no operations.
- Both Global Research and Veterans Today published “U.S. Media Are Lying About Russian Atrocities in Mariupol, Says Embedded Reporter at Ground Zero” on April 23.
- On April 22, Antifashist published, “Bandera began to mine Russian humanitarian aid.”